Monday, April 12, 2010

I miss the Hinkleys


Go here (you have to scroll down to the picture of president Hinkley since I am so technically challenged that I can't link just to that one post. But enjoy all of her favorite posts. They are all uplifting and funny. Also, her rules for her blog are good ones to follow). to read some amazing quotes that my sister compiled. my favorite today is by Sister Hinkley.....
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from moving Sister Schenck's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know that I was really here and that I really lived."
-Marjorie Pay Hinkley
So now on this beautiful monday morning I have to go and get to work really living. Living the way Marjorie did.

1 comment:

Dahlene said...

Thanks Heather. I love that. It goes perfectly with our Relief Society activity tonight. We are doing a Service Exchange. I want to read this at our opening. You were inspired to post this today. Thanks for listening and doing it.