Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bright Star


One of the best movies I have ever seen. It is the true story of John Keats the poet. Everything about the movie is poetic and delightfully beautiful. It was an artistic masterpiece. In other words, don't watch it with your husband to fully enjoy it. You don't want to chance ruining it with moans, groans, and cracks from someone who doesn't appreciate the joy of 1900 century living. You can never relive that first encounter with something so truly divine as this movie. Every scene, every word spoken is perfection. I love the little girls clothes in this, and that they call her "toots" as a nickname (i call my girls that all the time. It is short for tootsie, not that they are gassy. ha.) made it all the more perfect. Kelly, I couldn't stop thinking about how you would love it so much. I don't want to spoil it, just go and find it asap to watch. Rachel waited months to get it from the library. I think she started out as 205th on the list. It was worth the wait!
p.s. word of warning. It is very emotional. I must put that disclaimer for at least my sister kelly, who went into deep depression after anakin turned to the dark side.

3 comments:

kathee said...

ok, I have been stalking my redbox since it has been released on dvd, to no avail. I never even thought about the library! duh!! with that rave review though, I think I'll just go order it off amazon right now. thanks for the no hubands tip, mine always teases me in mushey movies.

kelly said...

ooo, can't wait. and anyone who wasn't depressed after episode 3 has a black heart. YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

Amie said...

85 requests for it at the library! And #3 was my favorite...