Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dear Lizzie.

I never fail to go to this cute little shop/cafe called "Dear Lizzie" when I am in Utah. Let me just tell you here and now that it has the best sugar cookies you will ever taste. Kelly keeps telling me that everything else is amazing too, but I just can't ever get past the sugar cookies. They also have the yummiest salad. It is the best just browse and look at everything store. So many cool things. Their baby items are to die for. I guess they just opened another store just for their baby and small children clothing and things. I didn't make it over, no sugar cookies. smile. But if you ever need a blessing gown especially, this is the place. Usually, I fall in love with some unique piece of jewelry that is too expensive and I can't bring myself to buy it, but not this time. This time, my little Lizzie got the jewelry bug. She found a little charm that had a Victorian "E" on the inside (for Elizabeth), and another charm that was a diamond solitaire, but it fit her little finger. She was in love. She sang for hours everywhere we went, "I like the E and the ring, i love the E and the ring, i want the E and the ring." She has a tune that she likes to sing it with. Kelly laughed and laughed every time she sang it (incessantly the whole car ride home). I was over it after 2 minutes of it. Today, she was singing it again, so I guess she hasn't given up hope. I have never known her to like something that much. Kell, you better go get the "E and the ring" for me, for her birthday. I don't know how much longer I can stand hearing the song. ha.



I may make these frames someday. Since I will never pay the ridiculous price of $120 dollars. Scratch that, how much will you charge me to make them kell? ha ha. I really don't enjoy making things if the truth be told. I take no additional pride in having made something myself. I am more proud when I find a smoking hot deal on something that is awesome and I didn't even have to make it! smile.

8 comments:

Mandee said...

Sorry I'm so chatty cathy on your blog lately- but I can't not comment on DL-

You haven't tried the cupcakes- the cupcakes are TO DIE FOR! So is their potato soup. And I love a diet coke with the chipped ice in their cute clear plastic cups. I keep it, and wash it, and use it for like 2 weeks.

okay, I'm done.

ali said...

120 dollars?? Yikes! that place looks adorable, I'll have to find it and check it out!

Anonymous said...

I went in there once. It was very charming. The workers, however, were not. I did love the blessing gowns and other baby stuff. Sounds like i should have just gone straight for the food:). What was I thinking?

Amie said...

what a cute little store!

Syndi said...

I love stores with unique stuff...wish it were closer :)

heather said...

mandee-kelly is always telling me how you love the cupcakes, and give them out for birthdays. my birthday is October 26th. smile.

Kendra said...

I now love Dear Lizzy too! I can't believe I had never been in there before. It's like 1 mile from my parent's house. I'm glad you inspired me to go in there, because now it's a girly girl's day out tradition for me and my mom. I'm here now, and will be here until Sunday. Would you like me to get the charms for Lizzy and bring them to you? It would save your sister the shipping. Let me know! Call my cell or e mail me.

Kirsti.osborne said...

oh my gosh heather! your hair looks awesome! nicole is amazing!