Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to me.


I had a fabulous 41st birthday.
Breakfast in bed from Rachel.
Singing and a gift from Lizzie, that she was so happy and excited to give me.
The expression of love on her face was the best gift.

When I was taking a shower that morning and praying (I love to pray in the shower), I thought wouldn't it be wonderful to keep this feeling of talking with Heavenly Father all day. Then I thought. Going to the temple would be the best thing to do today. So I called my friend Jihyun up, and asked her to go with me. We had a wonderful time. I was so glad I went.

Next was lunch and manicures and pedicures with Rebecca.

After school, Jacob handed me a letter of love and appreciation.
(he knows that is my favorite gift).

Next, out to an Italian dinner with Dave at a favorite Italian restaurant.

Back home for pie, ice-cream and x-factor.

Another gift from Rebecca, and nighty night.

A perfect day.

I actually planned to cook italian food all day with dave and try out my new pasta makers
with his help. But I ran out of steam and we just went out to eat.
So on Sunday Dave made pasta for the first time, but I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the
couch and woke up to this wonderful sight above.
I have the most wonderful husband, and a very tiring life apparently.
Tiring in a good way.

speaking of tired. It is almost 3am again and I am supposed to get up at 6am because I still haven't packed and we leave this morning for Bali!!!!

Do you see why I don't mind birthdays and getting older?
They just keep getting better and better, and my husband spoils me more and more.

Hopefully I will come home well rested. smile.
Can't wait to share my adventure!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

happy belated birthday! love you!

dee said...

Very new to this blogging stuff and am not quite sure how I even ended up on your blog, but I wanted to give credit, where credit is so deserved. I must say I was captivated by your 2011 blog & the AMAZING pictures that came along with it... so captivated that I had to continue on with all of your blogs because your life to me seems as something you read in a fairytale. Your family is so oriented and happy, it seems uncommon for me and I envy it very much so! From the looks of your posts you are nothing short of "supermom" and I want to give you a big thanks for giving me hope that someday I can have a somewhat similar life if I take the path of less righteousness. Again I thank you for your blogs, and God bless.

dee said...

oh and happy belated birthday to you <3

Dahlene said...

Lucky you! It sounds like a wonderful day you couldn't have planned any better if you'd tried.
Happy Birthday!