Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MUST READ.

If you don't know already, my husband is in the air force. He had the opportunity recently, to hear Georges Sada (the author of this book) speak. Dave was so impressed with this man, he immediately bought his book. Dave told me so much about the lecture, that I was just as excited to read the book. When it came in the mail, I instantly started reading it, and couldn't put it down. Dave was not too happy about that, since I wouldn't let him touch it until I was done. Aren't I a stinker.

Georges Sada was one of Saddam's top generals in the air force and a pilot. He is a devout Assyrian Christian, and it is so clear how God placed him in such a way as to aid Iraq. I truly believe that God protected this man so many many times. It is a miracle that he was never was killed by Saddam. Georges believes it is because Saddam new he would always tell him the truth, and would always be loyal to the country of Iraq that he truly loves. And would always do his duty, and what he was asked to do.

The back cover to the book says, "In the eye-opening expose, General Sada shares his bizarre yet amazing journey as an insider to one of history's most sinister regimes. He also, for the first time, reveals the disturbing truth about Saddam's plots to destroy Israel, hide weapons of mass destruction and overtake the Arab world. As an eyewitness to history, Sada paints a painfully truthful picture of Hussein and his country that is at once personal and alarmingly, truthful, and compelling, candid and sobering. It is a story guaranteed to send shock waves around the world.

The book is a bit repetitive, but an easy read. The coolest thing being how I can see God working through this man. Amazing. Borrow it from me, or buy it on amazon used for 3 bucks.

1 comment:

Dahlene said...

I'm always looking for a great book. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely put it on my reading list.