Sunday, November 9, 2008

heartwarming story, heartwarming pictures


Jamie and Britton have been waiting for sweet little Braelyn for a long time. After five years of praying for her, she arrived in a very special way. She is the greatest gift that anyone can give another person. The gift of a child. Within a week of their turning in adoption papers they were contacted by a young woman who was looking for that perfect family for her baby. You can imagine the joy, surprise, excitement, when they learned that Braelyn would be born in only two short days. Things quickly fell into place, and Braelyn was in their arms within another week. I honestly have never seen two people so grateful for the sweet gift of a child. No words can describe it! They radiate pure joy, thanksgiving, and love. It is a beautiful sight to behold! Braelyn has a very special spirit about her. I could have held her all day. I think the pictures describe their joy better than any words I could write. What a miracle and beautiful gift adoption is!! One that Jamie and Britton will be forever grateful for.

Could you just die over the sweetness of these? I have never seen a Dad so in love!





I thought this picture so symbolic of the kind of love and care that Braelyn will have in her life. Surrounded on every side with loving helping hands.

Jamie has an amazing gift for singing and playing the guitar. She had this idea of taking pictures of her in her guitar case. I absolutely love them!





Britton served a mission for the LDS church in Russia. While there, a Russian woman knitted this scarf for him. It says their last name in Russian. How awesome is that?





This is one of my favorites. Jamie's expression says it all.



I love baby kisses.





Can you see where she was poked for her PKU? owie.







Their happy little family!!!

10 comments:

ali said...

those are BEAUTIFUL!! I love them!! What an adorable family :)

Mandee said...

tears... I love adoption. Congratulations to them. She is a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

congratulations to the beautiful new family!!! i love how you captured their love for their new baby girl...priceless....

Teri said...

honestly I have never seen a couple so happy to see their little one, they are just so cute. I watched them at church... just so sweet. the pics are amazing as usual. but awe makes me want a newborn all over again!!!

Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Casey Lu said...

These have to be my favorite photos that you have taken EVER, Heather! There is such a story to these pictures and there is so much love radiating from them! I wish them the best of everything with their new blessing! I absolutely love the idea of the shots with the guitar case!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!

heather said...

thank you everyone. You have no idea how much your comments mean, and how exciting it is to get them. I guess you do know if you have your own blog. smile.

Christy said...

GORGEOUS PICTURES!!!! (Gorgeous subjects!)

I'm so excited to see your new photography website!! You are so wonderfully talented. The world looks even more beautiful through your lens....

Leslie said...

Those are so happy! Beatiful people that I don't know, but seeing them makes my heart swell!

Photography By Jo said...

These are all so beautiful! This post made me want to cry too.